Bribery & Corruption
The Fat Duck group of companies is one of the world’s leading and most innovative restaurant and food service groups. We operate in many parts of the globe and are known widely for our standards of excellence and cutting edge development work.
We pride ourselves on our reputation for acting fairly and ethically wherever we do business. Our reputation is built on our values as a company, the values of our employees and our collective commitment to acting with integrity throughout our organisation.
As a group of companies, we will not tolerate bribery in our business or in those we do business with. Bribery undermines fairness in business, distorts markets and has far reaching negative effects on individuals both in the United Kingdom and elsewhere.
Code of Conduct
All of our employees and suppliers are asked to act in accordance with our Code of Conduct which sets out in detail how they should behave and what they should do if confronted with corruption.
The Management expects that all of its employees and suppliers embrace the Code and its values and use them in all aspects of day-to-day work, so we can demonstrate:
- Responsibility. We are responsible for our actions and will face the consequences if we breach the Code.
- Integrity. We will not compromise our integrity. We will not be forced into doing something we know or suspect is wrong.
- Genuineness. We always agree to pay genuine prices for genuine goods and services. We never pay over the odds. We will not pay bribes.
- Honesty. We act honestly and in good faith at all times and in all aspects of our work.
- Transparency. We keep accurate records (including all invoices and receipts) of everything that we do, in order that we can demonstrate complete transparency in our business affairs.
As a group of companies, we adopt a zero tolerance to bribery and aim to make sure we comply with this ethical and legal position at all times.
The Fat Duck group of companies